The training program is designed to give participants the skills & knowledge in starting/enhancing a career in functional test automation using Open Source Test Automation tool.
Selenium is an open source tool for web application testing. This tool is primarily developed in Java Script and browser technologies and hence supports all the major browsers on all the platforms. Selenium is probably one of the best tools available in the market for web applications.
Upon completion of this course, you will have an in-depth knowledge and practical understanding of the following skills set:
- Familiarity with Functional Test Automation
- Java based test script development
- Hands-on with Selenium IDE
- Familiarity with Selenium Test Frameworks
- Hands-on with Selenium RC
We believe that training should be relevant, immediately applicable, and fun. Experience our unique combination of best practices, practical approach, and engaging delivery and you'll discover why many people prefer Chrysalis Educational Services to change or enhance their careers.
What sets us apart is our commitment to your success. We personally meet with you to understand your needs and aspirations, discuss in detail the coursework and how the career path of Selenium Training fits in your career aspirations. So contact us to obtain detailed information and learn how you can learn, grow and succeed with Chrysalis Educational Services.
This course is intended for anyone with Manual Testing knowledge & test automation exposure.No prior experience is presumed.
Exclusive Course Materials:
You'll receive a comprehensive Participant Guide containing copies of relevant slides, supplemental material on specific tools and techniques, and a complete set of all workshop case project materials, plus a handy reference text to deepen your understanding of core fundamentals and for further, post-workshop development.
Frequenty Asked Questions:Do you need help Registering?
If you need any assistance or have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 602-218-5223What Happens When I Register?
Once you register, you will receive an email confirmation from Chrysalis Educational Services confirming your seat. Within 24 hours you will also receive an phone call from one our team members to answer any questions you may have and provide your more information you will need to know about the training.What should I bring to class?
You will have to bring just your writing material to take notes. We will provide you all the notes and study material in the class.What is provided in the training?
"For this training Chrysalis Education Services will provide you : A take home copy of the training materials and notes. All equipment required to perform the hands-on parts and group excercies that will be done in the class."What is the Cancellation Policy?
Registrants who fail to cancel at least 10 business days prior to the class start date are subject to fine of 10% of the full registration fee. Registrants who cancel within 10 days of the class start date are subject to full registration fee.
- Module 1:
- Introduction to Selenium Fundamentals:
- Selenium architecture and key concepts
- Installation of the Selenium IDE
- How to use Selenium IDE to create basic tests
- Exporting Selenium IDE scripts for WebDriver
- Module 2:
- Fire Bug, FirePath& Developer Tools Setup
- Introduction to Firebug
- Downloading and installing of Firebug
- Downloading and installing of Fire-path
- Module 3:
- DOM Elements Identification Techniques
- Identifying WebElement using Locators (id, name, link text, class, xpath)
- Dynamic Object Handling
- Module 4:
- Eclipse IDE / Maven and Selenium 2 WebDriver Setup
- Eclipse Environment set-up
- Configuration with Eclipse
- Java SDK Setup
- JUnit Library Setup
- Maven Build / POM Setup
- Selenium 2.0 Webdriver Setup â€“ Local/Centralized Repo
- Module 5:
- Core Java Language Fundamentals
- Basic java programming and features
- Class and Object
- Data Types / Data Structures
- Array Declaration, Construction
- Logical Conditions (If Else statements/ Loops)
- Flow Control, Exceptions, and Assertions
- Handling Exceptions
- Working with the Assertion Mechanism
- Module 6:
- Selenium 2.0 / WebDriver Basics
- Introduction to selenium 2.0
- Advantages of web driver
- Web Driver v/ IDE
- Installation / Configuring Eclipse for Web Driver
- Working with Different drivers like Firefox Driver, Chrome Driver etcâ€¦
- Creating the generic scripts in Web Driver
- Creating the scripts by using functions
- WebElement methods and properties
- Getting and verifying element values
- Handling exceptions
- Module 7:
- JUnit Test Framework
- Understanding JUnit test class structure
- Test methods
- Organizing tests into suites
- Ignoring a Test
- Timeout for tests
- Parameterized tests
- JUnit vs TestNG
- Module 8:
- Advanced Selenium 2.0/WebDriver
- WebDriver initialization and cleanup
- Timing - implicit and explicit waits
- Handling dynamic objects
- Handling pop-ups and alerts
- Switching between windows and frames
- Perform mouse-over
- Perform drag & drop
- Perform right-click
- Working with screenshots
- Module 9:
- Page Object Design Design Pattern
- Page Object class planning
- Page Object Model Services
- Helper / Wrapper Methods
- Module 10:
- APPIUM - Selenium 3.0 / Mobile Testing Intro
- Introduction to Appium
- Appium installation on MAC OSX
- Adding Appium Dependencies
- Tapping an Element on a Real Device